Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Home

Oh I am sooo ready to go home. Sadly I won't be able to go home until May, the END of May. Oh sadness. I like my home. EVEN though my room has been totally taken over with things and items that DO NOT Belong to me and Do Not belong in my room. I have accepted defeat and given in to the fact that I will never again live at home. How sad?! I love my Home. Its great. Granted my room looks like a 12 year old still lives there due to the fact that it is colored 2 very bright different colors of pink. (I was 12. sheesh!)
My room still holds a certain feeling and washes me full with memories!
My room has 3 huge Windows. (looking at them now they really aren't that big but when we first got that house they seemed big to me.) I love them, back when I was young I used to open all the windows, turn on my music, (Disney, Barbara, or Musicals) and sing at the TOP OF MY LUNGS. I just KNEW someday I would be discovered. :P

Also My Weeny Dog Lady loved my room. She would lay in the sun from my windows all day just sunbathing. LOVED HER!

Then there was my closet. Totally awesome. At first I never had enough clothes to fill it. but then I swear as I grew up my closet shrunk because sure enough by my junior year I hardly had room for ANYTHING in that "Dinky" little thing.



Did I mention that my room had my own PERSONAL phone line? yea. PERSONAL. I had my own number and everything I would be like "here's my house number, BUT this my ROOM number" and all my friends were totally jealous. Then they ruined it and made cell phones all affordable and stuff. LAME. So yeah I saved for an entire summer and gave my parents $80 to get the phone line set up and after that they payed the monthly bill. It was sweet I had a phone with an answering machine and everything! I would put music in the background of my voicemail. I spent may hours changing it so the music cut of just at the right time when I started to talk and had it slowly fade out. My Sister Setty often helped me with this process.

So yeah my house has GREEN carpet. I know what you're thinking. In your head you either saw a nasty pea soup green, or that sea foam teal green color. PLECK! NO no. Our house has this AWESOME really dark hunter green color. It was great in the Barbie playing days because pretending it was grass was a no brain er.

Oh yeah I also had a computer. or should I say a DINOSAUR! lol It was HUGE! One of my dad's old office computers. I had one game and one game only on that thing. THE SIMS. OH YES! Loved it. I was a total ADDICT. I would spend quite literally day an night playing that game one summer my mom would joke that she only saw me when I needed more food/oreos. Seriously there is something about controlling other "people" that's very addicting. I can see how power goes to peoples heads. HA.

So yeah I loved my room growing up!

OH FUN FACT! My door has a HUGE hole in the bottom of it. STORY TIME!

I think I was about 12,and my older sister around 14, she and I got in a brutal fight. I mean deadly. I honestly can't remember what it was over (a hairbrush?) but it escalated. We were quite literally wrestling in the hallway, screaming, pulling hair, slapping, clawing. IT WAS UGLY. Now its was before I grew much taller and much stronger and heavier than my older sister. So this was in the days when she could really whoop me. (the END of those days I should say ha) So I'm quite literally pinned in the hallway,SCREAMING out my moms cell number to our poor little sister Stevie (who was literally sobbing) trying to get her to call our mom and tell on my sister. She was too young. she couldn't figure it out. SO FINALLY by some miracle I got out of my sisters grasp and SPRINTED TO MY ROOM. I barely beat her there, slammed the door in her face and locked it. WHEW! I was safe, then came this HUGE LOUD BANG on my door....silence... then ... TEARS. I heard my older sister BAWLING and say " OH NO, I DIDN'T MEAN TO!" ...... After a while of making sure the door stayed locked and once I was sure it wasn't a trick I opened the door and saw my older sister sitting in a ball on the floor crying her eyes out and I say "What?" she points to the door and I look down and there is a HUGE HOLE in my door. THE PSYCHO little TINY FEEBLE, 14 year old Setty had BUSTED a hole in my door! the only thing I could think of to say at a time like this was " OH YOU'RE IN SUCH BIG TROUBLE, MOM'S GONNA KILL YOU!!!" She then burst into even louder tears. Needless to say we BOTH got in big trouble, which even to this day baffles me (did I show excessive brute force? I THINK NOT) however she got 4 weeks grounding and I got 2. My Mom wouldn't let my dad get me a new door. Instead he patched it up so that it would be a "reminder" to us. Lesson learned. Lisette is a Beast.

1 comment:

Joe & Tanith Applegate said...

BAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE IT!! all of that was awesome!! i was like..."yeah! yeah! YEAH!" lol