Friday, March 11, 2011

What's with Today, Today?

"Whats with Today, Today?" Wise words from Empire Records.
Do you ever feel that way? Like Today just seems different or off? It's not necessarily bad, but then its not really good either its just one of those days that you feel like the possibilities are endless and yet you have no clue where to start.
This is my reading of the day. The first time I woke up this morning it was not the usual PANIC if I woke up on time or not instead I woke up cheerful knowing that I had woken up early and lazily hit the snooze button, Then came the snooze alarm and I casually got out of bed, and got ready, I took my time, could have sworn I was going to leave late, then when I was finished getting ready I looked at the clock and HOLY MOLY... I still had ten minutes before I had to leave. so I lay ed back down and took a ten minute snoozer. NICE RIGHT? so then I end up leaving 5 minutes late an ways and lo and behold I get to work at the usual time. It was a good morning.
So here I am at work and I'm going to be careful with what Isay next so as to not jinx myself but its been a relatively chill morning. I can't complain that its been super busy and that the day is flying by, and I can't really say that i mind the calmness of a slow day. Its been rather enjoyable so far.
BUT in the back of my mind I have so much going on, I have sooo much to do this weekend and yet I feel like I have all the time in the world to do it. So I'm just sitting here and I realize that I am HAPPY. WOW. yeah you read that right! I am genuinely happy. There is no big monumental thing going on today, I have no major plans for my future and I live paycheck to paycheck with some help from my dad. I'm not what I would call FULLY independant but I'm working at it. I'm content. Sure I have some things in my personal life that I need to work on and I'm probably not the most "enlightened" person, and SURE I have done practically NOTHING of use with my Massage Therapy training. BUT I have a good job that I actually enjoy. A job that covers my bills and the random fun things I get to do being 22 and single. I have the BEST friends you could ever ask for that know me 100% and like me anyways!
So let me just add a little blip here.
My whole life growing up, my main thought was always about who I was going to marry, and WHEN I was going to get married and all that. NOW I'm not saying that that isn't KEY to life and that its not important to find your husband. I really truly believe it is so important to have that one person that you can count on and be dedicated to because it makes Life so filling.
(so I hear)
HOWEVER. I don't think it needs to be so soon. I feel that you need time to be you and figure out who you are. If you would have told me in high school that I would be turning 23 and not even close to being engaged or married I would have been devastated. "What? ME?! an old maid?" (in Mormon standards) NEVER! but here I am. I'll be 23 in June. No way is there even a chance I'll be married. But honestly I look back at what I've done in the time that I've been here and I love it. I have done so many things that I would have never even imagined myself doing. And I still get to. I still get to do all the things that I wouldn't have gotten to do had I been married. NOT saying that married people don't have great lives. They do! They have a better life because they aren't left worrying about who they are going to end up with. That right there is one thing they don't have to worry about.
All I'm saying is that I know that when I have a daughter I'm going to make sure she knows who SHE IS as an INDIVIDUAL before she becomes a couple.
*** not saying that my mom and dad pressed me and urged me to get married or anything like that. My parents are great and they have always taught us to be strong minded and that we can accomplish ANYTHING we want.
Ha that was a weird little Moment
SO ANYWAYS that's my discovery. I'm Happy. I realized it today this day of WONDER! :) I will document it as March 11, 2011 MY DAY OF HAPPINESS FULFILLED! :)
OKAY back to why I started this blog. HA! So anyways yeah TODAY. Its just one of those Odd days where you wake up and its just a DAMN GOOD WEIRD DAY! I love days like this! days where I really don't have anything that is bothering, It could be because last week was such a total sh*t fest. But yet a Sh*t fest of fun! Positivity is KEY folks. Embrace it! :)
So are you having a Today,Today? If not you should.
xoxo- Aubs

No comments: