Tuesday, January 24, 2012

aaaaaaahhhh, The good 'Ole Days

I have been reminiscing lately about my childhood. It was sooo Fun! I was surrounded by my cousins and I loved to play with them. It was Whit, Tannie and I against EVERYONE! lol We spied on the older girls and tortured the younger ones. One way or another it always turned into US against them. My FAVORITE memories of this is back when my Memo and Grandpa lived at their house with the farm and barn and "playhouse/spider infested shed" and best of all... THE POOL. I have a June birthday so about 90% of the birthdays I remember were at my Memo and Grandpa's house. Pool time was battle time. My cousins and I would play Mermaids, or any type of pool game, We each assigned ourselves "Mermaid Names" If I can remember straight SOMEBODY was ALWAYS Ariel, and I THINK Whitney was always "Bubbles", there were other good ones like "Splash" or anything random like that. Anyways we would all be playing and the older girls were ALWAYS the bad ones, anytime they came around us we would swim for dear life! It was always soo fun. Then we got older. My cousins soon got a pool at their house and we transitioned over there during the summer. At this glorious house is where I remember the BEST battles. I'm sure you all know the weapon of choice. NOODLES. Ah yes, the water noodles, those things HURT LIKE HELL. Especially since my cousin Brianna was a bit of a Brute in those days. Lisette would just dunk us, but once she felt bad for "hurting" you that was the time to pounce on her. But that Brianna... Man, she was a toughy. I remember the look in her eyes, when you saw that look you swam for your life, she meant to KILL you. Whitney would always try to protect us. It was always sister on sister, I would take Lisette and she would take Brianna. I would use my cunning "skills" to trick Setty every once in a while but most of the time I gave up. But Whitney. She held her own against that Brianna. I was often truly afraid that Whitney just might die those days. I remember it escalated once so badly that Brianna even called Whitney a "Jack-ass" I can still remember the look in her face when she said it and Whitney's Face when she responded with " I'm gonna tell mom you said that, and you're going to be in Big trouble." (Whitneys invisible eye brows raised :P) When it escalated like this that was usually the time when Lisette would step up and say "Hey guys, lets not fight" and I'm sure I usually came back with some smart remark like "If you guys would share we wouldn't fight" I'm guessing Stevie and Kenzie were usually pretty happy they were completely ignored during this time. They were but children. HAHAHAHA
Poor Kenzie, She usually became the butt of our jokes. Stevie wasn't fun because she either just immediately began to cry or just ignored us (it's no fun to make fun of someone that just ignores you) But Kenzie. Man she was a Fire-y wild animal. First of all she would get REALLY MAD, REALLY FAST. It took 2 seconds to get that girls blood boiling. She was also Always so PASSIONATE about ANYTHING that she loved (still is :P) Lets take BARNEY, for example. Kenzie LOVED her BARNEY and why I'll never know. But she was quite literally obsessed with her stuffed Barney. All you had to say was "I'm gonna take your Barney" and it was WWIII. You'd think we had threatened to chop her up into bits and pieces. She would come chasing after us with her Turbo Speed legs and it was time to Run. She was the fastest little kid I ever had to run from... those legs would go 60 mph! We often sang that "Horrible" Tic Tac Toe, 3 in a row... and we would Emphasize "BARNEY GOT SHOT BY A G.I. JOE" she would cry, and chase us. Ah, the good old days.
Whit, Tannie and I had the best times. We would have the BEST Barbie story lines, best made up games. I think the best game that Whitney and I made up was "DEAD HOGS" Man, It's good, and unexplainable.

Basically I was having a moment where I was missing my cousins. :) I wish I had pictures of us when were were younger to go along with this post, but I'm on my work computer. Maybe soon :)

1 comment:

Kim said...

Omg that is to funny! I loved this and I loved having you guys come and play and swim those were very fun days, and I have lots of pictures of you guys and our house on Apple Lane, thanks this was really fun to read! Love and miss your presents and asking you to have Potatos all the time when we lived in Mesa haha. Take care and thanks again! Hugs