Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012!!!

aaaaah, My first post of the New Year! First off I'd like to give you a recap of my glorious New Years. Rachel decided to throw a party for her twin brothers and her cousin Niki. This party ALSO doubled as a New Years Party! :) So we slaved away all day cooking and decorating!! HAHA jk. Rachel made these wonderful mini donuts! OH MY they were delish! and she made White Queso! :) Her mom brought her famous salsa and we had wings, brownies, and some awesome coconut chex mix ooey gooey stuff! Oh and I made a birthday cake. lol I do not have my mothers talent.. AT ALL. but it was fun and I at least know how to make a cake and tell when its ready or not. haha. Then once everybody arrived and such we played catch phrase. Oh my how fun it was. I haven't laughed so hard in a really long time. Mix that with a lil Just Dance 3 on the WII and we had a great night! Then came midnight. Our neighbors were setting off really big fireworks... while we just had the ones from Target haha. Then our neightbor on the OTHER side of us came out and started yelling and screaming and making a total ass of himself. Fireworks at MIDNIGHT.. on NEW YEARS?! don't act like you're not expecting it. Fool. Anyways it was super fun and I hope we get to have another one of these sometime! :)

That being said 2011 was a GREAT year! I hope to never forget all the wonderful memories I have made. The discovery of true friendships has been a really great experience. I am fully aware of who I mean the most to and who means the most to me as well.  I have grown to have an understanding of my beliefs and principles in life and hope that from now on I can only grow stronger and closer to my Father in Heaven. I love the paths I am taking and am hoping for exciting things to come on 2012. I love my family so much and am so grateful for not only MY health, but the health of my family AKA my mom. She worries me on a daily basis and even if she just has a simple cough I have a freak out and insist she see a doctor. But I would rather have a billion freak outs than to think something is a "mere cold" and have another tragedy. :)

So what is in store for My new year? WELL.... I don't rightly know. I don't like to set "Resolutions" because I only disappoint myself and stress and have freakouts when I fail. So I have decided to follow the advice of Gordon B. Hinckly and try a little harder to be a little better each day and call it good :) So here's to the new adventures of 2012 and heres to hoping for nothing but Joy and Peace in my life. GOODBYE 2011!!! CHEERS 2012!!!! :)

No comments: