Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mental Breakdown Day.

Today. Is. Mental. Breakdown. Day.

I've been dealing with a lot of stress lately. Stress that I keep hidden deep in this dark place that I have created in my brain. I'm stressed over lots of little things.  Deep things that will make me sound crazy if I say them out loud so I prefer to keep them to myself. One thing I WOULD like to rant about is how awful Wells Fargo Customer service is. That's right I'm putting Wells Fargo Bank on BLAST right now. Well correction one girl was as helpful as she could be. She knows me Dad so she helped me out as much as she could. BUT let me back track and explain the story.
So I have been looking into getting a CREDIT card to build up my CREDIT.
Wells Fargo is my bank so I thought its only natural that I should go through them. (hhmph)
So I look it up, there's one that is a CREDIT BUILDING CREDIT CARD.
*INTERRUPTION*** granted this entire thing it all could have never happened if I'd read the FINE (very fine) print.
ANYWAYS , I get approved! I'm thinking "Woo HOO" my first credit card" it asks me to set what limit I would like and since I'm not planning on using it for anything big I decide $400 should be good right?
THEN it says they will be sending me my card in the mail and blah blah blah. I get an $18 charge to start the card, I'm thinking no big deal most cards have annual fees.

So I'm all excited living my life.... then this morning I get an e-mail from my dad saying my account is majorly overdrawn and I might want to check it out, I'm thinking... THERE'S NO WAY. I had at LEAST 200 dollars left in my account and I haven't bought anything but JIMMY JOHNS (which I LOVE)
So I go and look and sure enough I'm over drawn... NOT only am I overdrawn... BUT ITS overdrawn $301!!!!
So naturally the first thing I think is " WHAT THE F!!!!!" so then I look have a freak out and see that Wells Fargo took out $400 from my account to put into a "SECURE CREDIT ACCOUNT" MEANING they over drafted my other account to put money in my "Credit" account. Now here's how this 'SECURE' account works and it prolly is a good idea (If you're aware that its you're own money that becomes the "credit"). You put a certain amount above $300 on a card and you use it as a credit card and as long as you pay it back monthly and keep that 400 in there, THEN in 6 months to a year you will qualify for basically ANY credit card. Sounds nice right?
HOWEVER I thought I was signing up for a regular CREDIT CARD. If I had known I would be spending my own money I wouldn't have done it. So then I'm on the phone with everyone and their dog at wells fargo and the guy says well I can give you a cash Advance, but we charge you 1.50 for every 20 dollars we put in your account plus interest on how long it takes you to pay it back. So Since I didn't want to PAY to have money put in my account that I shouldn't have lost in the first place I said no. So I put in a claim and he starts getting really rude. Now, shockingly I have remained very calm and polite through everything that he has been telling me. Then he starts asking me questions for my claim. "I'm going to ask you a few questions and if you can answer in a yes or no that would be great" I said " okay" He asks " Did you apply for the account" ME: "Yes, but I didn't know..." I'm interrupted by him when he says "Yes Or No, will be fine" (RUDE!!!!!!!!) so I say "yes." he asks " Did you authorize the account?" Me: "Yes, but once again I wasn't aware that it would be MY money used for the credit" he says :" So yes?" Me: "Yes." (starting to get REAL angry) He asked a few more questions and when he was done he said " Well, judging by your answer, you authorized the account, paid the 18 dollar fee and applied for it, SO I don't think this claim is going to do you much good." Me: "So what do you suggest I do?" He says "Well I can connect you to the credit card department"  I say "Okay" I get connected to the credit department where the girl has a horrendous accent that I can't understand and basically she tells me that what she can do for me is cancel my account and put the money back in there, however there is still a chance that it MIGHT affect my credit score. So by this time because I can't handle people telling me they cant do anything for me and I just REALLY need that money back in my account I say to myself screw the credit score and I ask her POLITELY to simply cancel the account. She cancels it.. THEN, THEN informs me that it will take about 45-60 days to show up back in my account. Now at this point I've basically lost my mind and mentally broken down. She asks if that's all she can do for me and I say "CLEARLY." and hang up. So here I am 300-ISH dollars over drafted with $35 dollar overdraft fees and about 4 more come by tomorrow and I'M basically F-ed. Yup that's right. I'm broke. So basically all this is going to suck up about half of my paycheck on Friday. then I have student loans I'm supposed to pay, along with so much more that my head is basically at the point of explosion.
Thus today became MENTAL.BREAKDOWN. DAY.
And I cried in the bathroom. And I plan on crying the whole way home.

3 comments:

Joe & Tanith Applegate said...

i love you auby!!!! :( i had mine last week and part of today too!! we can have breakdowns together :(( whoever decided to put fine print on things is pure satanic! just sayin! lol love you! it will all work out!!!

Mary said...

I work at a bank. Have you considered going to your local branch and asking the manager there to do a dispute of ACH activity? They have to do it if you ask them, then they just return it to Wells Fargo and I bet if you ask nicely the manager will refund your overdraft fees too. The worst thing that could happen is that Wells Fargo will contact you for that 400, but when they do you can tell them you closed the account. You'll get a refund in more like 7 days instead of 60.

Aubry June said...

No, I had no clue such a thing existed! Thank you for your advice Mary I'll Definitely see what they can do for me!