Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Thoughts.. oh the Randomness...

There are some people in this world that I think deserve a pass. A Get Out of Jail Free Card. Take my mom for instance... That woman has been thrown over the moon, and she is still going, just like the Energizer Bunny. However it seems like JUST when we're all settled and getting life back to a normal routine, WHAM-O! Something is thrown at us with brute force. Like.. Cancer... then Wham-O pneumonia= no legs.
So I sit here and life is calm and yeah we have tons of other things going on, but at least we all know how to handle those things, What in the world makes it okay for my mom to have any trials at all?
 I mean, ANY trials. Physical/Spiritual, I think she has paid her dues and she shouldn't have to deal with anything else. She should be exempt. But I guess that's not how the world works and someones faith will never stop being tried. I'm just glad to know that through any trials of my moms, the first thing she does is call on the Lord for help. When I was growing up I used to feel that it was kind of over the top. Don't get me wrong I fully believed in the power of prayer but I definitely didn't think that it could solve problems. It wasn't until my mom was in the Hospital with the pneumonia that I really could FEEL the power of prayer.
When my mom was sick, practically the entire Mormon World of Farmington (and non- Mormons too) we're praying for my mom and our family. I had never experienced so much love and and felt so many prayers in my entire life!
And to this day when I think about ALL the FOOD that was brought to us, I mean GOOD food, naturally there was your classic Mormon casseroles :P BUT sometimes someone would bring Stevie and I EXACTLY what we were craving and it would be a miracle. Our schedule that summer was pretty much this, Wake up, get dressed clean the house, go to the hospital.... sit... wait.... Dad would go home for about an hour tops to shower, and then we would go get him food, we'd stay for a while, then we would come home and sit.. and wait... when we had family in town they took us out and made us go and do things. It was nice to know they were there for us. Then it was my 21st birthday and I hadn't really even thought about it and my cousins all threw me a surprise party :) LOVE THEM 
Some days I would wake up to hear a lawn mower and the Bishop and all the Young Men would be out in our yard doing yard work, pulling weeds, and such. We'd come home from the Hospital and our house would be miraculously clean. For the first week I thought I was going to lose my mind from all the calls that I'd gotten. Not because I didn't appreciate them, but most of the time people were calling at 6-7 a.m. and being a 21 year old and a 16 year old... those early morning calls just did not help.
Any ways I totally got off track and started babbling, but basically what I was talking about in the beginning is that SOME PEOPLE deserve a pass, and I only wish that I could give that pass. But my mom is the strongest woman I know, She's a Fighter and a Spiritual Rock in my life. I will forever be grateful for her example to me in my life. She's Amazing. And I may be slightly obsessed with her, but think about if you almost lost your mom in a matter of 24 hours, how would you react? What feelings would you have?
 I personally have decided to NEVER EVER take advantage of her again. I make sure I tell her I love her every time I see or talk to her, and if we ever get in a fight or disagreement I try and make sure I am the first to apologize EVERY time.

Anyways that was probably random and boring.. Just thoughts...

4 comments:

The Spencer's said...

I love you and your mom :)

Joe & Tanith Applegate said...

i think i needed that aub....thanks for always being an example to me, from the day i was born til now ive always wanted to be like you. love you auby!! miss you!!

Aubry June said...

Tannis: I Love YOU! and I MISS you!

TaniTH!: I love you soo much and miss you oodles! I love you and your example to me too!!! :) lets see each other soon

Ree, G, lil T said...

I LOVE this post... not just cuz you're telling the world how awesome your mommy is and how awesom prayer is (even though they are)... but cuz it is so REAL and honest. Not gonna lie, I still tear up when I think about those times, and how much I love you guys.