Monday, December 19, 2011

After-Hours Work Party's.

I officially have a rant. Today's Rant is about Work parties... So far I have successfully not gone to a single after-hours work party. And here are my reasons why:
#1 Awkward Social Gatherings give me ANXIETY. I am not the most outgoing social person. Sure I like to talk to people and have fun.. ONCE I GET TO KNOW THEM. And maybe I would be able to have a better time if I actually worked with these people.. but no, I sit at my center ALL DAY by myself.. I am the only one there aside form the clients. So yes that's my Number 1 reason is pure SOCIAL ANXIETY.

#2 Even if I DID see these people ALL DAY at work, WHY would I want to stay AFTER work even LONGER, and then have an HOUR long drive home??? WHY would that be appealing? (it's not)

#3 It's just not appealing to me. After work I want to go home. and sit. and eat. and watch TV. Read. and NOT socialize and pretend laugh at peoples jokes because I do enough of that during the day. sigh.

ANYWAYS, Needless to say I was NOT successful in diverting this time. I was caught like a Bunny in a Bear Trap... Alas I shall go. Bring on the Anxiety, bring on the fake laugh. Corporate Robot Aubry is on her way.

***** This post makes it sound like I don't like anyone I work with which is untrue. I enjoy the people that I closely work with. They are all really nice and it won't be as HORRIBLE of a time as I am making it out to be... just an uncomfortable time.

~~~~ I never published this rant for fear of the Corporate world. HOWEVER I ended up going. and didn't have as bad of a time as I thought I would. It was fine :) HAHA

No comments: