Thursday, November 3, 2011

Its getting CHILLY!

I grew up in Northern New Mexico. We get snow all the time in the Winter. Growing up I was totally used to the snow and cold, so much that I used to walk to the bus stop in flip flops in December when it was freezing and there was snow on the ground. I would have to go out and start my car in the morning to defrost my windshield (Or my Daddy would hee hee) and when worse came to worst I would have to scratch the ice off. Now I'm sure you're all wondering where this is going. I'll tell you where.
I have lived in AZ for the past 5 years. I used to go home for the summers and winters so I wasn't too much of a baby... Things have changed. I officially live full time in AZ and am working on getting all my stuff changed to AZ. Going home now is TORTURE! I have no idea how I ever, EVER even thought about walking in snow in flip flops?! what was wrong with me?! haha I have become totally and 100% acclimated to AZ weather. And Although I LOVE the snow and Its fun to play in. I HATE being cold! I would rather be sweating and melting than to be freezing with cold toes and a runny nose. You may be wondering where this is coming from. WELL.....  THIS YEAR My sister and Bro-In-Law both work Retail.. thus for thanksgiving they both are REQUIRED to work black Friday.. THUS they can't come home for Thanksgiving, THUS we are going to them.. where you may be asking is "there" ... Hold on to your hats my fellow AZ heat seekers... WELLINGTON UTAH..... Yup Not only am I headed up to the FREEZING COLD! I'm going to WELLINGTON. I can say that I've never been there and maybe I have PREJUDGMENTS.. But If its smaller than MY HOMETOWN.... it's SMALL... there will literally be nothing to do there! AND my sister has to work both the Friday and Saturday.... what the heck am I supposed to do? I plan on staying in my pajamas and crafting and sewing all day with me mum. NOW don't get me wrong I am SUPER DUPER excited to see my sisters new house and see all the cute decorations she has done and all that fun stuff... I'm just not looking forward to the cold.. NOPE not at all. BUT that's okay because I LOVE HER! and its not her fault... Its her HUSBANDS fault... :P jk ANYWAYS I'm going to be searching through my closet for anything that constitutes as "Winter Clothing" SIGH!
This will be me.

No comments: