Thursday, August 4, 2011

Sugar, Sugar, Sugar...

AAGH!
I haven't posted in WAY too long! but the reason is because I really don't have anything to post about. My life is the same as always except  I'm a lil more stressed with work stuff. I don't really feel like going into full detail on it though. Thus why I haven't blogged because I have recently not felt like documenting life. I haven't even written in my journal in such a very long time. Oh sadness! But I was having a rough day at work and my WONDERFUL Best Friend/Roommate made me a HAPPY BAG. This happy bag had everything you need! It was full of my favorite candy and drink AKA Reese's and Coke, and then it had a bunch of lil gifts such as a REAL pretty picture frame, super cute journal AND an amazing mermaid night light. Yes that was the best part and yes it is plugged into my wall in my room! :) She is a true Gem! don't know what I would do without her love and support.

So anyways here I am at work. The first calm day I've had all week (Knock on wood) and I was surfing the web (lol) and as I was doing my usual browse through clothes I got a pop up, NOW Regus NEVER gets pop ups on our network because everything good is blocked (Facebook,Youtube, etc.) so I was shocked to actually get one, I went to close it down and what was it? a REGULAR ARTICLE on something that I have been told I have and that I should watch. what was it you ask? wait for it.....

SUGAR ADDICTION!
LOL yes, YES, I know.. I know... I'm a Holgate its in my genes! Its in my blood to love sugar. I mean JUST LOOK at who my parents are?!?!?!
But I was reading all the issues that come with sugar addiction..
Chronic Fatigue-Now this one can have a lot to do with the fact that I stay up late also, but why do I stay up late? could it be from the sugar and caffeine from drinking a coke at 8:00 at night? but really I get a decent amount of sleep at night and really shouldn't feel the constant fatigue in my body.
Anxiety- as I have said before in multiple posts I have anxiety, its not to the point where I need medication for it or what not but when I get anxious I have a couple coping mechanisms, the first (if possible) is just to go to sleep. That way I don't have to worry about what is making me anxious. The second is to have some chocolate or a coke.. hmmm see the problem?
~Sugar addiction contributes to hyperactivity, anxiety, depression, and difficulty concentrating- Lets not pretend like I don't have ALL of the above issues. Maybe my mom knows the most about all of these but they're there.
Anyways then I was just thinking about how much I really do CRAVE sugar, I mean I eat sugar packets for hells sake. Like legitimately I eat plain old white crystal sugar. Now here's the kicker.... As I am typing this I looked over at what I was drinking... you wanna know what it was.. Hot Chocolate... not shocking enough.. I add 2 packets of sugar to every cup I have. It's pathetic right? I mean I literally am incapable of not having sugar for a couple hours let alone an entire day?!!!?!?! SO anyways I plan to take action..
eventually :P

In the Famous words of Scarlett O'Hara "I won't think about that today, I'll think about that tomorrow"

xoxo-Aubs
Fidily-dee

No comments: