Tuesday, August 30, 2011

READING!!!

So I read "The Help" And it is AMAZING one of the best books I've EVER READ! and I read.. A LOT. I don't know how to explain the amazing-ness of the book, except to say that I loved the movie JUST AS MUCH! I mean have you ever seen a movie where you were not disappointed about things left out that you thought were important? I have TONZ!!! but this followed the BOOK AMAZINGLY well and only left out a few MINOR details but you felt all the joy and sadness through the entire movie that I felt through reading the book! :)

NOW--- Having said that... I also read "ONE DAY"
AMAZING. SO GOOD, So FRUSTRATING, SO SAD, SO HAPPY! and the movie.. Just as good. Left out more details, and kind of didn't explain everything as well as i wished it had... HOWEVER TRUE to the book which I appreciated. :)

I am CURRENTLY Reading "Matched" and Can I just say that I enjoy it a lot. But I'm almost finished with the book and I feel there is soo much going on... Then I remembered it is a Trilogy. THUS I'm going to have  to read the next one to understand it all. The Author took a lot of time introducing the characters and setting ground work which I like because it will give more time for the actual plot in the rest of the books. (I HOPE)
So far so good :)
I have also just learned that Disney has gotten the rights to make the movies... NOW I am FULLY satisfied with this as long as they follow the book. Can I just say that I am a FULL DISNEY NUT and Love Disney and the Idea of everything DISNEY with all my heart.
THAT being said.
THEY RUINED ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVORITE BOOKS!
I was so Excited! DISNEY was making a movie of a book that I have read almost 10 times since childhood!
ELLA ENCHANTED. It was one of the most amazing books I'd ever read. It was funny and romantic and even in my childhood years I cried at the sad parts! :) I still love that book with ALL MY HEART!

THE MOVIE. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF MY LIFE. Not only did they screw with the storyline (hardcore) they made everything STUPID! EVERYTHING was just dumb. DUMB DUMB DUMB. and can I say that if you haven't bought it for your daughters because the movie is dumb. PLEASE DO. The book is GREAT! MOVIE HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. I'm serious when I say it was one of the biggest disappointments in my ENTIRE life!!!!

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Oh, girl, we're like reading soul mates! lol. I'm reading the Help, have read Matched, want to read One Day, and....Ella Enchanted is one of my most favorite books ever! I can pick it up and randomly read any chunk and still love it and/or probably cry, haha. And I cannot agree more that the movie was totally and completely botched!!