Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Prideful??? ... Maybe...

I have always considered myself a rather Prideful person,
I stick my ground on a lot of things, and even when I know I am in the wrong it is VERY hard for me to admit it and let go of my Pride.
I know this about myself and I am trying to work on it.
However I see some people who have no pride at all and I wonder how they can handle it.
How do you let things go and accept them?
For example,
I never let people know that they've hurt me. EVER. To admit to someone that I let them have control and let them hurt me is probably one of the worst things I could ever THINK of doing!

Saying "Sorry" has always been a trial for me as well, When my sisters and I would fight, My older sister was ALWAYS the one to say I'm sorry first. Always. And Stevie Never did, (thus we didn't get along :P) Instead of saying sorry, I simply chose to act like everything was fine, once I was over the issue I assumed that other people were too.
However I find that is not always the case and it's often better to say sorry, rather than pretend it didn't happen.
That's something I've learned in my "wise old age" HAHA
But seriously, Pride... When is it bad to have too much pride?
I am really having a hard time with my pride lately...
How do you humble yourself to others without feeling like they are walking all over you?
Pride, Its a complicated thing.
I guess some would say to "let my pride go completely"
But lets face it... That won't ever happen.... 

1 comment:

Joe & Tanith Applegate said...

amen! when IS it okay to let it go?? good question!! :)