Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Growing Up.

Isn't it crazy how some people just don't grow up? I mean I'm not the most mature person ever, in fact i find myself to be very weird and immature. HOWEVER I am able to handle situations in life. I am able to look past the emotional side of things and see the logical explanation behind situations and after that I try to act accordingly. I'm not saying that "Oh I never get angry and I handle everything with pure wisdom" because THAT would be a total LIE. Ha.
But do you ever just look at people, see how they are reacting (OVER reacting) to a situation and think. "How old are you?" I mean REALLY?.
So anyways lately I've been noticing how Immature people can be. And when I say immature I don't mean childlike. There is a total difference. Childlike is more like an adult that still watches cartoons, or collects Barbies, or is innocent and sweet. IMMATURE however is when people can't handle situations with class or immediately assume that someone is doing something on purpose to hurt them or irritate them.

So now that we have that clarified. Why can't people accept that sometimes things don't happen exactly as they plan? For instance:
You need a package overnighted to you. The people who usually do your overnightings system is down and they are COMPLETELY UNABLE to do it. How do you decide to react?
Well Option number one is the IMMATURE option. You throw a fit, you tell them that you can't comprehend the Idea that they are unable to use the Fedex account because the ENTIRE system is down. You stat yelling, demand to speak with a manager. The manager tells you the same thing. You are flabbergasted that there isn't some computer fairy that can fly down and sprinkle magic fairy dust on the global network and make all your little problems go away.

OR

Option 2: You can count to 10. Ask what your options are on how to get it to you. At all costs they will most likely try to make you as happy as possible and you could very well get this shipped for free if you just wait one day for them to get the system back up and running. Win/Win situation

So that's EXAMPLE 1. of my personal view of immaturity.

Example 2

If someone doesn't always see eye to eye with you. IT'S OKAY. There is no need to be completely FLABBERGASTED and try to convince them otherwise. Its called Agree to Disagree. (side note: Mocking them and making fun of their ideas/beliefs/thoughts isn't going to change their mind. You're just going to piss them off and make them want to gouge your eyes out.)

So yeah lets take some time for maturity....
-Aubs

1 comment:

Joe & Tanith Applegate said...

amen sister!!! ridiiculous somtimes!!